Sunday, March 28, 2021

Love

I've been thinking a lot about love on this stormy Sunday afternoon. Love tends to get me into trouble. Love is such a big emotion for me, quite often I wish I could just turn it off. I question why I still love the people who have hurt me, the people that have left me. Why do I still love those who have caused so much pain, so much turmoil?

But maybe love isn't something I can turn off like a hose. My love, it's there. Once you get it, it's always there, like air, like sunshine. Love isn't something I can "fall out of" or turn off.

But, I can fall out of "like." I can fall out of "respect." I can fall out of "trust." So, just because I love, doesn't mean I love the way I have been treated. It just means I accept that I love you, no matter what. And maybe the faded loves of my past -so many faded loves- feel it on cold and windy days. I may not like you, but I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home