Sunday, February 20, 2005

On this, the day after my 28th birthday....

Sometimes I forget that other people may be reading this blog. I really use it as a place to rant and rave not really thinking of the people of there in cyber space who may stumble upon the innards of my brain. I was reminded yesterday when I noticed I had a comment from another blogger, swizzle! So, to you swizzle, or ed, or whatever I should call you, thank you for your kind words! I do in fact hope you keep reading my adventures, and those adventures of my friends Molly and Bea! You made my day yesterday which was a rough one! Thanks again!

So, yesterday, being my birthday, had its ups and downs. The morning started off with one of the biggest rows I have ever had in my life with my coworkers over professionalism. Apparently our views very greatly on the subject. Maybe it is my three more years on this planet, or maybe a few old fashioned ideas, but I do believe you should always bring your best, most professional face to the client. I won't go into the details of the event, but it is just another in a series of events in which two of my coworkers seem to be out of get me. The reason, I was on stress leave for about 4 months over the summer and fall. Apparently, there still is a stigma about mental health with some members of our society. If I had gotten cancer or been hit by a bus, I do firmly believe that my time off work would not have been an issue. But since I had a nervous breakdown do to immense pressure and overtime hours at work, abuse from my past that reared its ugly head, the breakup of a long and passionate relationship and many deaths in my family, I am a bad person who is lazy and doesn't deserve the full time hours I have worked so hard to get. I work harder than these two people, I actually show up for work on time and I don't spend an hour each morning shooting the shit, drinking coffee. It drives me crazy. I feel like I am constantly watching my back, waiting for these two people to pounce on the next thing they think I am doing wrong. Now, to those of you who don't know me, this may sound very arrogant. But ask any of my friends (and my boss), I work hard and I believe in the job I do! I am getting to the point where I am so fed up I want to leave. It really is amazing how two people can do that to you!

But, I was reminded how great the rest of my life is at my housewarming/birthday party last night! It truly was great. I have so many wonderful people in my life and it was great to have them all in one room! They make the shit seem all so insignificant and unimportant! So for all of you who came last night - thank you. Thank you very much. You all are great and wonderful people and I am so lucky to have each and everyone one of you in my life!

Now, I guess I should update you on the lavalife front - met a nice guy. Well, I think he is nice, but you all know my judgment on men! We have been MSN chatting, but nothing more like coffee yet. Is it time to get out Bea?

2 Comments:

Blogger mollyblogger said...

Happy Birthday!!!

As you know, no doubt, Bea and I had our housewarming/birthday party this weekend too. Glad to hear you had a good time after a rough day...

Many hugs!
Molly

3:38 PM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Cas,

First off, I LOVED reading your last 2 postings. You are such and amazing and strong person. I wish I could have been at your Partay last night. Happy Belated!

Re: Lavadvice. Well, you know my views on the MSN thing. I don't give mine out anymore. It's amazing how much time I've saved. I would absolutely give this guy a kick in the pants and suggest a meeting already. Or, you can do what I did this weekend: Invite a guy from Lava you've just started talking to over to your loft party that night and then get wasted and pass out before you even get a chance to really talk to him. Good Times!

Big Hugs,
Bea

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home