Friday, May 06, 2005

Things in the Mail!

I love love love getting "things" in the mail! Not bills, but fun things like my book order! I am waiting for a stack of books with baited breath! One of them, my therapist recommended. It is called "People of the Lie" - she says it is about my grandparents who were truly evil. You may think of that as a overstatement, but it is not. Every once in a while, something happens to make people evil. I would love to know what it is. Really I would. What made my grandpa a child molester? What made my grandmother stand by and watch? Why would these two people ridicule and taunt and laugh at their granddaughter? Why would these people lie? Lie about everything. Say terrible things about people I love just to get a rise out of me. It is that true evil does walk this Earth. We need to protect ourselves and our loved ones from it. As for my grandparents, I guess their punishment was living with each other for over 50 years in a completely loveless, tortures marriage. My grandfather died several years ago and my grandmother lives alone. I won't see her anymore. I don't need evil in my life. You may think this is cold or mean or that family or blood should come above all. I disagree. The last time I saw my grandmother was shortly after I had bought my Geo Tracker. She looked at me and looked at the car and said "Wow, how are you ever going to fit in such a small car?" with a smirk on her face. She laughed at me the one time I stood up to her for calling me ugly and fat. She doesn't deserve my love, she doesn't deserve my attention, she doesn't deserve my time. I would rather not have "evil" in my life - I have had to put up with it for too long.

I will let you guys know how the book is.....if it ever gets here! Oh, Mr Postman, can you see, if there's a package in your bag for me.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

If your Grandma wasn't so evil, I would feel sorry for her. Sorry that she will never know how amazing her AMAZING grandaughter is.

But what you said about there being evil people in this world... I find that so interesting. I often wonder what makes a person really, really bad. Why them, and not me? I just don't get it!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

I know! And if it is genetic, maybe I am evil. Or, quite possibly, I have the evil gene. Hopefully it is recessive. I do know abusive backgrounds play a role, but that being said, I come from an abusive background. I would never do anything to anyone like was done to me.

Sometimes I do feel sorry for my Grandmother - I think of it as a waste of a life. As she is loosing her mind in an extended care ward, I think to my other grandma who died at the age of 90 years with most of her capacities. She was ready to go and she was looking forward to seeing her husband and my dad. She lived her life each day and although it had its moments of sadness, she was the most kind and happy person I knew. My other grandma has made her own hell. She will die alone and unhappy. If there is another side, who will be there to greet her? Her husband that never really loved her and molested her daughter and grandchildren. What a waste of life and what a waste of what comes after.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE READ THE PEOPLE OF THE LIE AND IT IS AN AWSOME INSIGHT INTO THE WARPED MINDS OF THE TRULY EVIL..SUPRISEINGLY EVIL WAS DEFINED VERY WELL IN THE BOOK.
ENJOY....BY THE WAY CAS YOU ARENT EVIL .JUST WEIRD AS HELL LIKE MYSELF.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home