Friday, May 20, 2005

Always a Bride"s Maid.....

So, I am off tomorrow morning for the fabulous exciting town of Abbotsford. Yup, Fraser Valley, here I come! It is my home town, so it should be exciting to be back there. Well, honestly, I am shitting about going back for so long. A week, a whole week of childhood memories. My shrink has warned me I might regress back into a kid, so I have a bunch of "things", meaning mind exercises, that I have to do while I am there. First and foremost, I have to keep reminding myself I am an adult. Yup, a full grown adult. Should be fun from a mental standpoint. The reason I am going - my best friend is getting married! Yup, she is the first one of our little high school clique to take the plunge! I can hardly believe it. I am the maid of honour and I get to weat the most beautiful pink dress. I feel like a princess in it! I am giving a reading at the wedding and get to give a toast! Yowsers! Does anyone have a ny suggestions for toasts? I guess I should have a plan before I get up there...

So, this is the third go 'round for me as a bride's maid! I was my sister's maid of honour and also in my Stepmom's wedding. (yeah, yeah, I know that sounds weird - my Dad died, my stepmom remarried...) I like being a Bride's Maid, it is quite fun. You get to dress up, get your hair done and at the end of the day, you are still a single gal! I always thought marriage would be really important too me, and it was really important when the guy I was in love with wouldn't even consider it, but as I get older, I am finding myself more relaxed about the whole thing. I have done some soul searching, and really, I am more excited about wearing the big fancy white dress than the marriage. So, maybe when my time comes, if it ever comes, I will just get the dress and skip the nuptials. Then again, maybe not. There is something to be said for all those pressies....kidding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's too late now, but here is my favorite toast:

Here's to you, here's to me
Friends we'll always be.
If, by chance, you don't agree
F**k you too, here's to me.

--------------
Semper Fidelis

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home