Monday, May 16, 2005

Old, Old, Old....

So, my postings in the last couple of weeks seem to be centred around the fact I am getting old. There are many signs of it, many strange things happening in my body that are signaling my age. So, instead of trying to cover them up, I am going to air my dirty "old" age secrets and the strange things that are happening with my body in the process....

So, here we go....

Creepy Things that are Happening to Me as I Get Older.....

Hair Growth - okay, so I have the odd grey hair. Not a big deal. Well, at least not a big deal until I start to get grey pubic hair, then I will freak. But it is the stray hairs that "pop up". Yes, as I mentioned in comments a few days ago, I have a couple nipple hairs. So gross. Nothing makes you feel like less of a girl than a hair growing out of your tit. And then there is the "goat hair", you know, or maybe you don't, those long black hairs that grow out of your chin. I have a couple of them and they creep up over night. Bastards. I always find them when I am out and try to rip them out with my fingernails. I can never get them and end up curling the hair. Great, curly goat hair. Almost as gross as the hair that grows on my big toe.

Muscle Pain - Yup. You guys have heard me talk about this before, but I have mysterious pain. My wrist hurts when it is used too much and when it is going to rain. Sometimes, my muscles will hurt for no good reason.

Fatigue - Okay, so sometimes I have to have a nap in the middle of the day. Sad, oh so sad. I mean, I can sleep for 8 hours at night and then have a nap at 2 pm. What is up with that? I used to stay up for 48 hours at a time.

Wrinkles - Yup. Crows feet, laugh lines. They are all there. And then I am wrinkling in places I never knew you could get wrinkles.

Cheap Drunk - I can't figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I cannot hold my alcohol anymore. After one glass of wine, I turn into a fool, a bright red slurring fool.

The Body Shift - my body is, well, shifting. Things are moving around. Things are sagging, spreading and not wear they used to be. Not anywhere close.

So, there you go. I am getting old. It is inevitable, I suppose. Thank goodness for wax, face cream and push-up bras....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home