Monday, May 09, 2005

I'm in Love!

Yes folks, it is official, I am in love. She is blonde, brown-eyed and maybe a little fuzzy - yes, I am in love with a dog. A golden retriever to be exact. Her name, Dakota. Okay, well, I have known Dak for a long time, you see, she is my sister's dog. And since her family is in Disneyland, the dog is mine! Muhahahahahhahahahaha! Okay, well, she is mine for another week. But she is so great. I have fallen in love with having another warm body around the house whose tail is always a wagging. There is nothing like a bit of company to lift your spirits. She is so much fun and so loving. As I write this, she is lying beside me. She is always there and she knows when I am down.

My Dakota-sitting was a little test. A test to see if I am ready for the responsibility of having a doggie. The overwhelming answer - Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I have been wanting to get a goldie forever, and it looks like there is no better time than now. The only problem, I have to convince my Strata Council, which consists of 3 whole people including me, to let me have a dog. Maybe Dakota can work some of her charm!

So, thank you Dakota for coming to visit! I am super excited we have another week together....and you always have a place to stay whenever you want. And hopefully, you will get alone with my doggie when he or she arrives in my life!

6 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Aw... so happy you found true love. I hope your strata council is ammenable to you having a canine. Could you have a cat? I can't remember if you liked cats or not... cat's are very cool.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

I do like the cats. And, I can have a cat if I want. So, the cat is a back-up plan. Although, I really really really want the dog. No offense to cats, dogs are a little different. But, we will see!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Um, Cass...

Someone (rk) fears for your soul. I wonder if it was all your talk about dildos and jism?

Not to worry, I took the test and it is official: I will be going to hell. Lucky for me though, I am not all that concerned about it... even though the little test tells me I should be.

See you there!

12:55 PM  
Blogger mollyblogger said...

I don't know about anyone else but I'm pissed about people leaving comments only to promote their own blog.

This kind of cyberspace parasitism is awful.

Especially the ones who leave the URL for "hell tests". Go save yourself. Leave us alone!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

I don't mind people leaving their blogs on mine - I have found some cool people that way. And I would hate to think that I would deter anyone from leaving a comment...

That being said - I don't think I need to be saved. Yes, I may be a little out there, yes, I may be a little crass, but I am a good person.

So, rk, thank you for visiting my blog. Somehow, I am thinking you won't be visiting it again.

And tacit1 - thank you for visiting me today! I loved your blog! Loved your going to hell posting! I think we are very a like!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

It is so hard to keep up with all the blogs!

Dakota and I are still having a hoot although we had words this morning when she licked my face awake at 5:30 am. But, she's a dog. It was nice to have something licking me face in bed...

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home