Thursday, May 12, 2005

Karma or Stupidity?

So, I just came back from an evening run to the local convenience store to pick up my oh so favourite rootbeer Slurpee to enjoy during Survivor. Yes, yes, I hear your collective groan at the mention of THAT show, but I love it! I do! Anyhoo, as I was getting cash out of the bank machine, I realized it had given me $40 extra dollars! For a second, it crossed my mind to keep the cash and not say anything, and get a new pair of sexy summer strappy sandals. But then, the angel on my shoulder chimed in, slaughtering the little red devil in her sexy new shoes. I gave the money over to the store clerk. She took down my name and phone number in case no one claimed it. And I went on my way feeling pretty good about want I had done, my rootbeer Slurpee in hand.

As I drove home, I thought, am I an idiot? The guy in line behind me seemed to think so! So, my question to you, what would you do? I could have had new shoes! Would you have kept the money without saying a word, or would you have given it up like me? Do you believe what goes around, comes around? Or I am a fool without new shoes? Would I have even been able to wear my new shoes in peace fearing for a broken ankle everytime I hit the street? Is Karma all it is cracked up to be? I guess we will see.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cascadia said...

Yeah, you are totally right! I should have called the ATM company - the store clerk says they come in from time to time, so hopefully she will tell them what happened. Or maybe she will take the money and we all will have been had!

Looking back, I never could have kept the money, I would have felt awful about it, even if it did mean new shoes. Maybe I should buy myself a pair anyways, as a little "do-right" reward! Now I am just making excuses to shop!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Hahahahahaha! I love it! That is my next week's mantra!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Hey Cass,

So very honest. It'll come back to you at some point. I totally belive that.

And as per your advice on my posting... yes, I will be buying some shoes this weekend! Thanks!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home