Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Loss.....and Found?

I have lost a lot of people in my life - some more significant than the rest. This week, I lost my hairdresser. Yes, I knew it would happen someday, but I never prepared myself for it. And last week, the realization hit me, he was gone! Gone! Not returning phone calls, gone, as he had taken on a new line of work. I had heard the rumours for a month now, but I always thought "he'll be back. Tim would never leave me! He always promised to be there for me and my hair". Boy, I was wrong. Oh so wrong. And with only a couple weeks until I am in my best friend's wedding, something had to be done to my mane. Something major!

So, I wound up my courage and called the "new girl" Sharleen. I had seen her work, but I still had my doubts! How could she be good? Would she know my hair? What if it all fell out? Flashbacks to my most humiliating poddle perm which I tried to subdue with colour weren't helping! All I could see was the triangular purple poof on top of my head and all the cool people calling me "Purple Hollycomb". Ah! Let me tell you, I was scared, oh so scared! Could anyone replace Tim? Would she ruin my hair for my friend's big day? The answer - hell no!

It is offical, I have "sex hair". Vamp hair. Hair that screams, throw me on the floor and fuck me! It is hot, and believe me, I don't use those words ever when it comes to my apperance! It is espresso brown with fun layers that make it move around and look fabulous! Sharleen even straight ironed it for me! Does it get any better? Yes, yes it does, because I paid 50% less for this cute and colour than I did with Tim!

So, the moral, don't be so afraid of change. And honestly, it is just hair, it will grow back. Oh and Tim, good luck with your other business......I will be very happy with my new hair stylist!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

"Purple Hollycomb"

Aw Cass... I am sure that you hated that moniker... and if it wasn't for the fact that it was used to poke fun... I think it's adorable.

Glad your new hairdo worked out. I don't know what it is about getting a haircut that is so stressful. I would rather go to the dentist than see a hairdresser. I too was traumatized by some bad perms in my youth. If your hair is not naturally curly, maybe it's trying to tell you something. I tried to make mine better with Sun-In.

A word to the wise. Sun-In doesn't make anything better, ever!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Yeah, my bad perm cured me - I haven't even thought about perming it since!

Okay, Purple Hollycomb is cute - the problem, I was totally in love with the guy who came up with it! I had the biggest ever crush on him. Biggest ever. And he would say it, god, how do I describe this....ppuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrple hoooooooooollllllllleeeeeeeeeecomb!I wanted to die! Weird how things resonate - I just slumped my shoulders and cringed typing that!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Okay, okay! I will try to post some pics! I just can't figure out how to do it on this thing! I will need to call in the big guns - some friends with computer literate skills! Stay tuned...

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home