Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Things I Learned During My Week Away.....

As most of you know, I was away last week. I went back to the town I grew up in for my best friend's wedding! I spent the week with her and her husband-to-be getting ready for the big day. I got to see the town I grew up in and how much it had changed. My childhood home didn't look anything like it did. For my mind, it was a good thing to go back. I dealt with some painful memories, but I can leave them behind now. I never have to go back to the scary, painful childhood. The wedding was great! So much fun and Jen looked beautiful. It was an afternoon wedding and in the evening, the bridal party went out for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Afterwards, about 30 people met up at an Irish Bar called the Blarney Stone in Vancouver for dancing and general celebrations. Nothing gets everyone's attention like a bride and groom in full attire with their bridal party dancing it up to a Celtic band. I had a blast! And, I learned a lot about me. So, without further ado......

Things I Learned During My Week Away....

Everything changes. Everything. Nothing is constant.

We need an Applebee's in Victoria with its $1.99 Bellinis!

You can be standing next to the guy you had your first kiss with and not even know it is him.

It's not so scary driving in Vancouver.

Sometimes your high school crushes just don't work out.

I am officially addicted to pedicures.

I can't believe I haven't watched 24. I need to buy the DVD's.

Even at the age of 28, I still fall out of bed sometimes.

I can make wedding bouquets and I give one hell of a toast.

It hurts to be disappointed by another person. It hurts thousands of time more to be disappointed by someone who you means the world to you.

Nothing is better than ordering room service in your very expensive hotel suite.

You can be so unbelievably happy for someone, but at the same time, be grieving for your own loss. Mixed emotions are a strange thing.

Going a week without self gratification is difficult, even when your sex drive is muted by antidepressants.

I always thought I would have a big wedding. Now, I am not so sure. Not to say the wedding wasn't fun and great, I am just not sure if it is me.

Weddings are exhausting.

I miss being in love. I miss someone loving me.

2 Comments:

Blogger mollyblogger said...

Lots of people love you Cass... and hang in there. Everything happens in its own time...

I think it's great that everyone loves big weddings. Me? I'm eloping and having a big ass party when I get back.. because the best part about any wedding is the reception. Hands down.

Soooo glad you're back. I missed reading your blog!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

To hell with high school crushes not working out... my grown-up crushes have a tendancy not to work out either.

Good call on the big wedding. I don't think anyone ever really has fun at those. I'm all for eloping!

And to copy Molly, because she is so cool... glad you are back too. Missed ya!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home