Friday, June 10, 2005

Strange Strange Dreams

Okay, so for the past year and a bit, I have been having Night Terrors, very vivid dreams that scare the crap out of me. They come when I least expect it and usually I wake up shaking and/or crying and/or with my heart beating out of my chest . Not the most pleasant way to be woken up in the middle of the night. The most memorable included being trapped in an elevator as my Dad's decapitated head rolls around and my boyfriend is shot in the chest point blank, many nights of running from scary people and dropping my niece off the Museum of Natural History in London and watching her fall to her death.

Well, last night, for the first time in a long time, I didn't really have a gruesome or all that scary dream. It has been a while since I have had what I would consider a normal dream, without the terror, although this one was far from normal. Maybe it would be scary to some, but this one wasn't oddly enough. It started out with me going to the town I grew up in. I parked my car in my old driveway and went out for the evening. When I returned, my car had been completely stripped! Like everything. The tires were off, the plates were removed and even the roof was stolen. I was mad and then I saw him. The thief hiding under the car holding all of my tires. I know, I know, not possible in real life, but possible in my head. He started to take off and I grabbed him, dragged him into the house I grew up in and straddled him, pinning him down. I yelled at him for taking my stuff. But my anger subsided as my attraction for him grew. I felt his aroused penis below me, so I offered him sexual favours in return for my car parts. He threw me off and laughed and then sauntered away, with my tires and everything else.

I picked my self up and got into my "car". I drove, no tires and all, to an ex boyfriend's house. I guess I thought maybe he could fix my car. Did I mention through all of this I am wearing my most recent bride's maid dress? When I got there, not only was JR completely green, but all of his things were too. I went into his room which was filled with Halloween decorations and furry jackets. Green Halloween decorations and furry jackets. I begged for his help and we got into my car, again with no tires, and headed to my high school reunion. Not a mechanics, not the police, my high school reunion. From the car I called the insurance company who told me there was nothing they could do. We arrive at this reunion there is only a big room filled with twin mattresses. Everyone setting up sleeping bags and pillows on them. I decided this is strange, so JR and I head to the next room which is a bug zoo. Like the bug zoo I used to work at. We look at the scorpions and I knock over a tank. I go to pick it up and my silk scarf gets stuck in the cage. I lift it out looking for anything that may be attached to it, confident that all the scorpions have stayed in the cage. And then it happens, I look down to see a scorpion hidden in my dress and it stings me on the mouth. At once, I feel my lip and whole right side of my face begin to swell. I run to find the owner of the bug zoo who tells me the scorpion sting is nothing worse than a bee sting. That makes me feel better and I wonder back to the reunion with my swollen face to set up my sleeping quarters. Then it happens, for a moment, my face starts to feel better, less swollen. But, the relief is only momentary as the swelling gets worse and worse. I run outside to find my car with no tires or roof to drive to the doctors. On my way out, I run into my cowokers who have all lost enormous amounts of weight. They stop me and want to talk, so I do........and then I wake up. Weird? Yeah, definitely weird.

4 Comments:

Blogger mollyblogger said...

Oh Cass,

I've been there. I've experienced them. The dreams that make you not want to sleep ever again. I, too, get them all in a row, like some kind of inner torture device...

I don't have any words of wisdom except to trust that it will subside eventually. It always does. Then you can sleep again.

Sometimes when the subconscious is full, it lashes out. It, like everything else, cannot exist in a vacuum and seeks an outlet. But it's just a valve. After it lets off a little excess steam, it'll close itself off again.

If you need to talk, you know you can always call. Time difference and all. We're here for you honey.

Hugs from across the country,
D.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Thanks Miss Molly! You are a good friend! Any thoughts on my dream?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

My advice... Call Molly... or get a Tarot deck... but call Molly first... and then get a Tarot deck.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Good advice! Very good advice! I am working on some of the symbols....I will keep you guys posted!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home