Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Heart Paris!

So, yesterday was my anniversary! Yes, it has been an entire year since my gay husband, K, and I went to the city of light, my beloved Paris!

I had planned to go to Paris with the love of my life, a guy named d. For any of you who watch "Sex and the City" like I do, d is kinda my Mr. Big. Think taller and skinnier with not as much money, but he is someone who seems to always go and then come back into my life. We had always talked about seeing Paris, kissing under the Eiffel Tower, strolling the Champs Elysees. But that would never happen - too much distance, not enough commitment and far too much frustration ended our triste before Paris could ever be viewed.

I decided that I was going to go anyways - who I am to let a little blip on my relationship map to stop me! So, I started reading. But, I don't know anything about international travel, heck, I had only been in an airplane three times in my life! Luckily, K, my boss at the time, stepped into the picture. He basically set everything up from flights, to hotels, to trains. He was truly awesome!

I am sure I will write more about Paris in this blog, but to keep things short and simple - it was truly amazing! I had never found another place in the world, other than Victoria, where I could see myself living, but I changed my mind after seeing Paris. I would move there in a heartbeat! The art, the history, the food, the buildings - it was all breathtaking. I hope to go back next year for a month!

I was lucky to go with K to Paris. Despite our combined lack of direction, and my annoying illness I had the whole time, I was able to see Paris for the first time with a man who will love me his entire life as I will him. Love comes in all forms, and friendships that last a lifetime is one of the best kinds! And to K, we'll always have Paris - a pain au chocolate and a cafe creme at a cafe along le rue Mouffetard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home