Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Advice?

I need your help! I am in dire need of some advice from my friend's, acquaintances and even some strangers. You see, as some of you know, my work is making me sick. Literally sick. Mentally, my immune system is being suppressed to make me vulnerable to ever single bug that comes my way. In the past 4 months, I have had a lung infection, or some type of flu/cold/bronchitis, for almost 3 of them. 3 freakin' months. The reason, the polluted work environment I am working in. So, here is where the advice comes in? What do I do? I am a single girl with a mortgage on a new home. I am actively looking for jobs - I spend at least two hours every night searching the internet for job postings that I may be slightly interested in. Do I just get out of there, spend my savings while looking for work. Or do I stick it out until I find something, risking my mental and physical health. I know some of you are telling me to suck it up and I should be happy to have a job, and I agree. I guess I feel like I am losing control again to the anxiety and depression that knocked me down six months ago. Please leave me a comment, I would love some advice. Anything from "Suck it up" to "leave your job" is more than welcome! Thanks guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Cass,

Seriously, explore the "EI" avenues when it comes to a poisonous work place. I quit a job once because I HATED my boss, claiming that I felt too uncomfortable going to work. I seem to remember J your manager as being pretty sympathetic, you should see what she has to say about it. What about asking if there is any other position for you at HIA. Failing that, there's no shame in taking a job that you may consider to be "lesser" than you, if it means that you keep your sanity. And remember; whatever you choose to do... we will still love you!

Petty Out.

PS. I won't mention here that I think you should move to Toronto... that's just me being selfish!

5:48 PM  
Blogger mollyblogger said...

What about disability? I know it sucks to have to admit to having some rather serious emotional problems, but I have met some people who, due to severe depression/anxiety have been able to retire on disability.

Failing that, I agree with Bea, EI might be a good route?

Hope it works out for you, hon.

Love Molly

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home