Monday, March 07, 2005

Mental Health Mondays

Mondays are definitely "Mental Health Mondays" for me - and it is not the mental health day you may be thinking. Mental Health Mondays for me are the day I spend doing good things for my mental health, acupuncture and psychotherapy. And, on days like today when I really need it, retail therapy at the Gap!

My mental health Monday began with acupuncture. I have been going to my acupuncturist for almost 6 months now! At first, I was completely skecptical, what can poking a whole bunch of holes in you do for your mind? Apparently, amazing things, truly amazing things. I'll walk in looking like a sack of potatoes and walk out completely relaxed, looking like I have lost 10 years of wrinkles and memories!

After acupuncture, a little shopping therapy was in order. It was such a beautiful day, that I decided to check out some shops downtown including lululemon, a trendy athletic store. Good stuff, although I am afraid the size would make me look like that sack of potatoes I am trying to stay away from! So, I headed to Ol' Faithful, the Gap. I know some of you will be shocked and horrified to hear I shop there, but quite frankly, I love it! And they have the best girlie clothes this season. I got a couple of skirts and sweaters, nothing better to perk up a girl's mood!

Then, I was off to therapy. Mental Health Mondays are exhausting! At therapy, we decided my work was physically making me ill. Yup, ill. Nasty! What a vile, polluted work environment. My search for a new job continues! Hopefully something will come up soon! I am get frustrated and just want out! So badly. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? Maybe, what doesn't kill us makes us sick!

Mental Health Monday ended with some fun recreation, an actual lavalife date. Yup, I met a boy! Can you believe it? We talked on the phone on Sunday night for like 5 hours and then, on a whim, I invited him over last night. And hey, he is a really nice guy with totally cool spiky hair, hence his name spiky Hair Boy (SHB). He is nice and sweet and a totally great kisser among other things. The only slightly strange thing, and it is not strange I guess, is he is totally into "bigger girls". I have never been with anyone who finds me so "hot". It is strange to me....most guys fall for my humour and personality and then they become attracted to me. Not him, he is even upset I am losing weight! So, he is coming over tonight. I am excited. And, update on BJB, we are going to attempt coffee again this week. I had to cancel last week because of my raging lung infection! So, I am excited to meet him too! When it rains, it pours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home