Friday, March 25, 2005

Just an ordinary day....

Today, was just an ordinary day. A day filled with hurt and deception. Something I have come to expect at work. Just an ordinary day. You see, I was tricked going into work today, even though I am sick. So sick. Coughing up blood and running a fever. The email I received yesterday implying I had to go into work, was never supposed to be sent to me according to my boss. My coworker sent it on his own volition, a way to force me to go into work and even after my boss had told him not to contact me in anyway. Nice eh? I was impressed when I found out. Super impressed. I am spending the weekend deciding whether or not to give my two weeks notice - I was damn close this morning. My boss has asked me not too, but to instead go on disability for the summer. I will definitely do that as soon as I can! I just want to be done with the place. At least disability gives me a back up. I really hope the other job comes through. I really really really hope....

2 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Unbelievable!

Unbelievable that someone could be so unhappy in their own lives that in order for them to feel better about themsleves, they have to mess with the physical and mental health of another person.

I remember a saying from an old boss of ours (you know who...) who said that mean people never bothered him for he felt sorry for them... Because he only had to live with them for just that brief moment, while they had to live with themselves their whole lives.

I realize that that doesn't really help, but at least try and remember that while these coworkers seem to be attacking you (and they are)... it is really their low sense of self worth and self-esteem at work. It sounds like these people truly hate themsleves... you have just been caught up in the middle of the battle... wrong place, wrong time.

And yes, I do realize the irony of using a Mair-ism in this situation... life is funny sometimes.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Yeah I know - as much crap as our former boss put us both through, there is a grain of truth in what he said. It is amazing where words of wisdom come from!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home