Saturday, March 26, 2005

My Dirty Dirty Secret

Okay, so I have a little secret, a dirty little secret. Something that can be quite embaressing and something I try to hide from people who don't know me well. You ready? I like country music. Yup, I do. I even own some albumns. Tim McGraw, take me away! I am chastsized about it often, but I am ready to leave the closest behind and shout it to the world, I love some country music! Okay, well I am ready to shout it on my blog which is only read by a few who probably already know about my little addiction.

The reason I bring this up had to do with a song I was listening to this morning, "The Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. The main line of the song is "god bless the broken road that let me straight to you". Now I am far from religious, but I like the concept of the song. I like the fact that maybe every heartache, every disappointment, every tear, every smile and every laugh is for a reason. Maybe not a reason, but maybe it brings us to a place where we have learned what we want and what is important in life. What we are looking for in love and what we need to be happy. Maybe "this great plan" is really just us getting to know ourselves better, understanding what we truly "need" and then searching it out!

Right now, the path I am on is bumpy and broken in many places, but I am learning so much. About what people are really like, about trust. I am looking forward to looking back on this broken road and seeing how is changed me, made me stronger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I wasn't so far away sometimes. I'd love to have one of those talks we used to have. I remember some of them at work, while having lunch on the deck, in the sun. Or in the car as we were carpooling to work... I have a lot on my mind too, I wish we could be close for each other. I miss you!

11:35 AM  
Blogger mollyblogger said...

Hey Cass,

On one hand, I'm worried about your health. Sick again? Your immune system sounds shot. I assume you've already seen a doctor about all this?

As you know (and anyone who reads my hokey blog), I firmly believe that we all have purpose here. Yours is yet to be revealed to you, but I don't think that you'll be in the right mindframe to find it if you're constantly sick. My advice, take it or leave it, is to give your notice.

Sometimes the best things to do are also the hardest. Take the leap, Cass... and see what wonders await you.

Mwa!
D.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home