Thursday, March 31, 2005

Boys who are girls who like girls who are boys....

I definitely have some masculine traits, I think most girls do. I have been brainwashed into believing that particular character traits are male or female. These traits can positive or negative or neutral. I recently had an experience with a boy who really was a "metrosexual" is every sense of the word - a boy who was definitely a boy, absolutely loved females, but possessed many feminine traits, or what I have been brainwashed into thinking were feminine traits. He was very communicative, loved to talk about his feelings, and I guess gentle. I would use the word gentle to describe him. He was very different from anyone I have ever met. Ever. And completely different from anyone I have ever dated. He kept telling me that he "loved me", to which I gave him heck, he didn't want me to give him blow jobs and he wanted me to be his girlfriend, exclusively, after 2 weeks. And you would think that I would love this! What an ideal relationship! But no, it was quite offputting....

I called the whole "thing" off a couple days ago. I found that I was completely unattracted to him. At first, I though it was my pills and the ugly family secret that reared it's head last summer - my grandfather molested me. I thought that between the antidepressants, which can reduce a sex drive, even one like mine, to zero and the unbearable memories that where resurfacing, I really just wasn't feeling much of anything in the sex department. I struggled on trying to prove to myself that the lack of tingles down my spine and butterflies in my stomach was not him. He was cute, nice, sweet, funny why shouldn't I be attracted to him. It must be me, right? Then we had sex. Boring uninspired sex. Sex during which I thought about filing my taxes. Yup, during sex, I was thinking about my T4 slip. Yikes. I knew it then, something wasn't right. We actually stopped half way through, neither of us satisfied, neither or our heads dizzy from orgasm, and left his apartment to go disc golfing.

This was such a strange experience for me. So strange. I have had sex. Lots of sex. Sex without love. From fucking in a forest, to the intense desire, that just barely gets you through the door of your apartment and onto the floor. I have also experienced the most tender love-making one can imagine. Through every experience, every different boy, even if I was tired, or didn't really know my partner, I never was bored, I never thought once about my taxes and I never once yawned. My concentration was completely on the other person and the act itself. The touch of his skin beneath my fingers, the taste of slight perspiration and the hotness of his breath against my neck. Not once did I think of any of that. All I thought was "when will this be over". And as much as I tried to think "it's not him, it's me" it really was him. There truly was a lack of attraction that could not be overcome.

I guess I knew this all along. But why? He was totally into me. He did everything right. He called me everyday. He sent me emails. He told me I was "hot" over and over and over and over. He loved my body. He fantasized about me. As the days went on, I felt like I didn't want to see him, didn't want him to call. When he called me hot, I would change the subject. If he touched me, I would draw away. I couldn't stand it.

I think my lack of attraction may have had something to do with those feminine traits. Was the communication too much, too soon? Did he put me on too high of a pedestal? Or maybe he tried to hard? Quite possibly it was none of that! Maybe it was wrong pheramones. Maybe my chemical make-up disqualified him the moment my nose was in range. Chemically speaking, women choose mates that possess an opposite physicallity to ensure genetic diversity to their offspring, so maybe we were too much alike. Or maybe he was too young for me and I really am holding out for that older man of my dreams.

So, what have a learned? As lonely and honry as I am, I can't pretend. I can't make myself attracted if I am not. I can't make my heart feel something it doesn't. I may never find love again as I once had it, but I definitely need a spark to be physically fulfilled. And I maybe I should really do my taxes.

5 Comments:

Blogger mollyblogger said...

Don't even get me started on metrosexuals! Never again. When a guy spends two hours working on two inches of hair... there's a problem. When a guy spends more time contemplating his wardrobe than you do... there's a problem. When a guy can't even muster the energy or the instinct to get on top... there's a problem.

Bottom line. Down with the metro. Bring back the "guy"!

Molly.

p.s. glad you figured out the source of your tax thoughts... glad it's not the meds.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

It is so true! Get on top of me you bastard! Yes, life is funny. You would think it would be great - maybe just not great for me. I will leave the metros to someone else. Someone you can really enjoy them. And now, now he is all pouty about the "dumping". Can you even call it dumping when you have only seen each other like 5 times? And he was the one that strong-armed me into not leaving two weeks ago. Never again, never will I not listen to myself and be true to my feelings.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Beatrice Petty said...

Agreed on the Metro bashing... although I do prefer the "zebra" look over the "baby duck yellow sweater with shit brown cords" look... But that's just me.

I do feel sorry for SHB though... It's nice to know that there are guys out there who are capable of being caring and gentle... but you can't help who or who your are not attracted to...

I would like to suggest to him that perhaps it's best to bestow his affections on someone who is moderately receptive to them. Too much of a good thing can be...well... too much of a good thing.

Better luck next time, to both of you!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

Yeah, you are totally right, there is always one person in a relationship that seems to love more or invest more or give up more than the other! I have been there, on both ends. I have been thinking of the whole princess thing - the last two guys I have dated put me on this huge pedestal, treated me right (for the most part), called daily, well, several times a day and thought I was the most beautiful thing on earth. They even wanted to help me with my "mental issues". But, I have never been able to recapture the passion I had for the "one". So, I am torn. Do I play the princess or do I love a little bit more. I fell in love with a poem almost ten years ago, I can't remember the author, but....

"How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me."

But alas, I am not sure which route to go....I guess time will tell....

3:12 PM  
Blogger Cascadia said...

You said it my friend! You said it! Thank you for the author! You are fecking brilliant!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home